The recent government guidelines for the roadmap to the covid recovery plan are allowing GAA and Camogie teams to return to training. The Club pitches will reopen for all underage teams on June 29th. As a Dicksboro player your child must adhere to strict return to play guidelines to prevent transmission of Covid 19. Safe Return to play is the personal responsibility of players/parents.
1. E-Learning module. A certified eLearning module developed by the GAA can be viewed online on https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd/#/ be completed by anyone participating in training sessions/games. For younger players (Under 18 years), the onus will be on a parent or guardian to undertake the E-module course and inform/educate their child accordingly. A certificate will be issued on completion of the course, and you will be asked to print a copy or take a mobile picture to send to your trainer before first day of training. Your child will NOT be allowed to train unless this course is completed.
2. Health questionnaire. An online Health Screening questionnaire will also need to be completed by a parent/guardian for a juvenile player. This will need done ONCE prior to their return to training at https://returntoplay.gaa.ie . The questionnaire will ask you to confirm if your child has a temperature and identify any other symptoms such as cough, sore throat, general weakness, shortness of breath and change in taste or smell. Your child will NOT be allowed to train unless this questionnaire is completed. If your child has symptoms or a temperature above 37.5˚ they should not attend training.
3. Reconfirming Health Status. Using the same online system Adult players, parents/guardians of underage players and team personnel will be required to declare, before each training session/game, that their health status has not changed. This is only a matter of reconfirming the original information and takes about 30 seconds to perform. If you have any concerns or queries related to play or covid 19 symptoms you can contact your coach.
4. Arrival at Training. On arrival at Palmerstown or James’s Park players must arrive ready to train as dressing rooms will not be available. Parents must accompany their child to the entrance of the pitch, where the Covid-Supervisor will ask each parent to show evidence of their online declaration that their childs health status has not changed. Parents can stay but are reminded to adhere to the 2m social distancing rule. We will require punctual pick-up of your child at the end of the training session to allow time to clear the grounds before the next age group arrives for training.
5. Player Hygiene. Each player should be mindful of the following; Hand hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol based gel before and after leaving the training grounds. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth while training as contaminated hands can transfer the virus to these areas on your face and enter your body making you sick. Practise respiratory hygiene at all times to protect the people around you from all viruses; o Cover your nose/mouth with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze o Dispose of used tissues immediately o Wash your hands after you cough or sneeze Do not share personal equipment such as water bottles.
6. Social distancing. Maintain social distancing guidelines, as advised by your coach, and keep this distance between yourself and others, especially when anyone is coughing or sneezing.